In the current labor market, employers are struggling to fill nearly 7 million job openings, costing millions in lost productivity. One of the hardest tasks employers face is building a large enough candidate pipeline. Part of this consists of sourcing candidates, either by posting jobs or searching for candidates.
Programmatic job advertising allows employers to post their jobs and bid on traffic that will yield quality applicants. Recruitology, through its AI-powered programmatic service, MaxRecruit, allows employers to post their jobs once and have them go to all the top job sites where the job needs to go in order to get candidates.
Here we’ve compiled responses to jobs that were advertised programmatically via MaxRecruit during the fourth quarter of 2019.
Clicks by Job Category and Region**
Apply Clicks by Job Category and Region**
As you can see, jobs perform differently depending on the category and the region. Jobs also perform differently based on the time of year the jobs are advertised. This seasonality also varies by job category. The amount of budget you use to advertise a job also has a big influence on how it performs.
We analyzed results for jobs that were posted from October to December of 2019 (4th quarter). Specifically we looked at jobs that were distributed through our starter-level programmatic posting, MaxRecruit.
We looked at clicks as the metric for response (vs. job views or completed applications). A click is generated each time a job seeker views the full job description from a site like Indeed, Neuvoo or ZipRecruiter. We also looked at apply clicks (“application clicks” or “click apps”). An apply click is generated each time a job seeker starts the application process as part of Recruitology’s application tracking system (ATS) as opposed to being redirected to a third-party ATS.
How to Get the Best Results
Many factors go into determining how well your postings will perform. Here are a few:
- Robust job description: always ensure your job description includes enough details about the role’s responsibilities and the qualifications required.
- Compensation: Include any benefits offered with the role, including healthcare and retirement benefits. A salary or salary range also helps.
- Employer description: Include anything that makes your organization stand out, including awards, recognitions, or links to positive reviews on sites like Glassdoor or Top Workplaces.
- Budget: When it comes to programmatic, the amount of budget you put behind the job determines how many clicks and candidates it receives (in the case of jobs posted via MaxRecruit, we allocate an average budget starting at $15 per job).
As you look at where to post your jobs, consider a solution that gets you broad yet targeted reach by posting your jobs to many job sites at once.
Regions are composed of the following states:
- Mid West: Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Wisconsin
- North Central: Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming
- North East: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
- North West: Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- South Central: Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
- South East: Alabama, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- South West: Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah